Subscribe to our forum

Receive new forum posts by email

FREE Property Appraisal

Click here to request property appraisal

Sign Up for our publications

Click here to sign up for our publications

Archives

Fletchers Group News Update – 7 November

November 7th 2016

Although the weekend’s weather wasn’t as sunny as we would have liked, the rain stayed away for most of the weekend which is always a bonus!

As expected, auction numbers have gone up since Cup Weekend, with a total of 720 auctions reportedly being held in Victoria last weekend, 567 of which sold. The REIV released the clearance rate of 79%, the other 21% being made up of 153 passed in auctions, 68 of which were from a vendor bid. Fletchers eastern suburb offices had an impressive success rate of 84%, with 21 of their 25 auctions resulting in a sale.

 

 

 

Proposing unlimited opportunities, 284 Elgar Road, Box Hill South sits on approximately 918 sq m of land, complimenting the 1940s, solid brick home which is still in its original condition. The high ceilings, timber floors and three bedroom configuration makes it the perfect, spacious home for families who are looking to renovate. The perks don’t stop there, as the home also features a double garage with workshop and a location that is surrounded by schools, transport and shops. On auction day, there were five bidders after this property, resulting in a sale well above the vendor’s expectations at $1.451 million.

The beautifully positioned home on the corner of two tree-lined streets, 1/1 Thornton Avenue, had five bidders on auction day. The lifestyle surrounding this elegant, single level home will truly excite, with a long entry veranda being perfect to enjoy a coffee on, and a spacious meals area which leads to the paving and lawn. The three bedroom, two bathroom home located close to transport and Balwyn Shopping Village sold for the price of $1.453 million on auction day. The auction was live streamed on Facebook; you can visit the page and watch here: Fletchers Stonnington & Boroondara.

The modernised two bedroom villa unit at 3/18 Essex Road, Surrey Hills consists of an open floor plan, garage, stylish kitchen and bathroom. The laundry opens to a rear courtyard that offers the excellent option to develop an alfresco living. The home suits a wide range of homebuyers including singles, couples, downsizers, first home buyers and investors, possibly a reason which contributed to the five bidders on auction day and the sale price of $770,000.

The sleek and sophisticated, two level town residence at 7/30 Thomas Street, Doncaster East is enhanced by its garden with lush turf which flows out to rear parkland. Full of features that attract buyers, including the two-car auto garage, three bedrooms, an open-plan zone and under-cover alfresco. The property sold for $800,500 on auction day, with the impressive number of six bidders.

The renovated Ringwood North home located at 31 Park Hill Drive is in a prime position—close to shops, restaurants, schools and Eastlink, yet still maintains privacy. The home has three bedrooms, a generous lounge and dining area, a feature log heater, a deck for entertaining and a beautifully landscaped front yard to enter through. The stunning home sold for the price of $825,000 on auction day.

6/5 Luckie Street, Nunawading encompasses quality living beginning with its position at the rear of a boutique block of units, close to Tunstall Park, schools, transport and many shopping areas. The interior of the home has been renovated and consists of two double bedrooms, a spacious lounge, a bright and modern meals/kitchen area and a glistening white bathroom. The unit sold for $545,000 on auction day.

After experiencing another great weekend full of auction success stories, we’re definitely excited for the next!

For all of Fletchers recent sales, visit our award-winning website.


 Robert Sheahan with the happy vendor at 17 Everglade Avenue, Forest Hill!